Dixon Smooth ID Band Clamps
Part # : JS
Price : $80.25 $533.00
Dixon Smooth ID Band Clamps are for use with industrial hose made of stiffer, thinnner thermoplastics. These smooth band clamps provide a uniform, gap-free inside diameter, and strong holding power. Install these with roll over type clamp tools and most common band clamp tools such as the 51960 and 51970 Dixon band tools. Smooth ID Band Clamps come pre-formed in a given diameter with the tailpiece already through the buckle and must be slipped over the hose end before the fitting is inserted. Most sizes are available in either 201 Stainless Steel or Galvanized Steel. Sold in package quantities only, quantity varies with size of clamp. Please reference chart below for bandwidth and package quantity for these Smooth ID Dixon Band Clamps.
The use of band style clamps is a proven method of retaining hose couplings in industrial hose applications. To achieve proper retention and sealing of the hose coupling in the hose, it is imperative that these clamps be installed correctly. Please follow the manufacturer’s recommendations as to the proper selection and installation of band clamps. When installing multiple clamps the buckles must be offset around the hose, eliminating the possibility of a straight line leak under the buckle area.
The first clamp should be installed just inside the mark on the hose furthermost from the hose end (reference page 11). Leaving excess band material turned back over the buckle does not improve the performance of the clamp. In fact, a safety hazard develops from this practice by leaving sharp edged material exposed.
General Hose Assembly Safety
- Use Dixon couplings, retention devices and accessory products only for their intended service.
- All recommendations of the Hose Manufacturer, and the Coupling Manufacturer, must be employed with regards to Size, Temperature, Application, Media, and Pressure when selecting the components for a hose assembly.
- All finished hose assemblies should be tested in accordance with the Rubber Manufacturers Association recommendations.
- All hose assemblies should be thoroughly inspected prior to each use to insure they are undamaged, and properly coupled.
- Use safety clips on couplings, and King Safety Cables on assemblies where required by the manufacturer, as well as State and Federal regulations.
- If the clamp ID (Inside Diameter) is too large when using a pneumatic tensioning device (air tool) the clamp may not be tensioned properly.
- If the clamp ID is too large when using a hand tensioning tool (punch tool or screw-action tool) the installation process takes longer than necessary.
- If the clamp ID is too small, it may be difficult or impossible to properly position the clamps for tensioning after the coupling is inserted.
- Failure to correctly install band clamps and inspect them on a regular basis could lead to an assembly failure. Assembly failure can result in damage to equipment and/or serious injury or death to personnel.
Safety Note Details:
Prop 65 Warning: