Torque-Rite® Clamp Nut
Part # : 13TR
Price : $119.57
Torque-Rite Nuts allow you to control compression and expansion of your sanitary gaskets while maintaining a constant inch/pounds force, ensuring a perfect surface I.D. Torque-
Rite eliminates the problems associated with over or under-tightening a seal which can lead to an unsanitary system. Now compression control is easy!
Over-tightening can tear or damage a seal and can also cause a damming effect inside the pipeline. A torn or extruded seal can hold soil and bacteria. Under-tightening leaves an undesirable concave area at the seal allowing soil and bacteria to become entrapped. Both conditions should be avoided in a sanitary system. By maintaining a constant force on a Perfect Surface Hygienic Seal with the Torque-Rite, seal I.D. is maintained lowering bacteria count and enhancing product integrity.
When tightened, the Torque-Rite’s self limiting internal mechanism will make an audible "click" signaling to the user that they have reached proper inch/pounds force. If further tightening is attempted, there will be more "clicks" but no additional application of force on the hygienic seal. If emergency conditions arise, the Torque-Rite does have a built-in manual override feature.
Torque-Rite Material Applications:
- Material: 440C Stainless Steel:
- Hardness: 48 Rockwell
- Overall Height: 1.670"
- Driving Hex: .875 (7/8")
- Body Diameter: .875"
- Override Flats: .8125 (13/16")
- Lot Traceable
- 30 in-lb Model: Buna, Silicone, FKM, Fluoroelastomer, EPDM, and Tuf-Flex® Gaskets
- 50 in-lb Model: PTFE, Tuf-Steel®, and PTFE Envelope Gaskets
- Audible "click" indicates correct torque
- Maintains constant 30 or 50 inch/pounds force
- Manual override feature
- Retrofits all sanitary clamps, mini through 6"
- Works in rupture disk applications
- Works with all Smart Gasket® products including spore trap, thermocoupler and sampler
- No torque wrench or special training required
- User friendly
Safety Note Details:
Prop 65 Warning: