Sanitary Tri-Clamp® Sock Screen Gaskets - Buna
Note: The following options are available as special order for these gaskets: metal detectable elastomers, larger diameters, finer meshes, and electropolished screens. Click here to let us know your custom requirements and we will be happy to quote them for you.
Rubber Fab's Buna Tri-Clamp® Sock Screen Gaskets are interchangeable with standard Tri-Clamp® Sanitary Gaskets for ease of use. These fluid filtration gaskets feature a 316L stainless steel screen that is available in various lengths, making them suitable for high purity systems. The benefits of the Sock Screen versus traditional flat screen gaskets include: 300% more open area, greater flow under heavy particulate, less servicing, and reduced downtime. Use these fluid filtration gaskets for bulk transfers, tanker truck transfers, pump protection, fluid conditioning, flavor infusion, and much more. Our sock screens are available in a variety of mesh sizes ranging from 10 Mesh up to 325 Mesh, with 10 and 16 mesh being the standards.
Rubber Fab has recently redesigned their sock screen gaskets to be more robust, sturdy, and last longer than the previous mesh version. The new sock screen base is constructed of 316 stainless steel and is impulse welded to your selected mesh for a tighter seal and for easier replacement of the gasket of your choice. We think you will be impressed with this new design.
Rubber Fab's Buna Tri-Clamp® Screen Gaskets are interchangeable with standard Tri-Clamp® Sanitary Gaskets for ease of use. These fluid filtration gaskets feature a 316L stainless steel screen, making them suitable for high purity systems. Fluid filtration gaskets provide the most comprehensive range of stainless steel mesh and filter cloth to provide the ultimate particulate elimination for protecting fill and finish sterile products. All Rubber Fab Screen Gaskets feature Dutch Twill weave which provides for maximum strength and minimum pressure drop.
Buna Tri-Clamp® Gaskets are specified by many process equipment manufacturers and are generally suitable for these applications, however service life must be considered and a preventative maintenance program must be in place to mitigate degradation. Buna Gaskets have excellent resistance to petroleum based fluids, making them the economical choice for seals in engines and equipment where petroleum based oils, lubricants, and fuels are present. Chemically, Buna is resistant to many hydrocarbons, fats, oils, greases, hydraulic fluids, and chemicals. Never use Buna Tri-Clamp® Gaskets for Ozone (except PVC blends), ketones, esters, aldehydes, chlorinated hydrocarbons, or nitro hydrocarbons.
Storing Buna Screen Gaskets:
Buna Gasket Standards Compliance:
- Shelf Life: 10 Years from cure date
- Store in original packaging in clean and dry warehouse
- Do not expose to direct sunlight
- Keep more than 6' away from electric motors
- Maintain temperature between 65°F and 85°F
Buna Tri-Clamp® Sock Screen Gasket Features:
- FDA CFR 21, 177.2600
- USDA Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
- USDA and 3-A Sanitary Standards
- ASME-BPE Standards for Type I and Type II
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP)
- Color Code: one red dot •
- -20°F to 250°F Temperature Range
- Not recommended for strong acids and ozone
- 316L Stainless Steel Mesh
- Interchangeable with standard Tri-Clamp® Gaskets
- Replaceable Elastomer Portion
- Fully reusable on average of 250-300 times
- Decrease pump wear and burnout
- High volume flow with low pressure drop
- Ideal for fluid transfer applications
Safety Note Details:
Prop 65 Warning:
|1 = Excellent 2 = Good 3 = Acceptable
4 = Marginal 5 = Poor 6 = Do Not Use
|PTFE||1||1||1||1||1||1||3||-100° to 500°F|
|Tri-Clamp® Gasket Sizing